|Late Day Clouds at Jacksonville Beach, FL, July 2013|
1. Rereading that first post, I see that my intention was to post about twice a week, "perhaps sometimes more". That has slipped into a schedule more like twice a month, occasionally more often. Every so often, I feel badly about this rate and try to do more, but it hasn't lasted--at least not recently. However, my posting pace is right for me at this time.
2. Even more than the posting schedule, I try to improve on my once weekly or so session of visiting all the beautiful, varied, and interesting blogs written by the blogging friends I have been fortunate to "meet" along this journey. I'll continue to do my best, and I am humbled by those of you who manage frequent, quality posts as well as visits to other blogs (and comments) in the midst of many other commitments and pursuits.
3. I do think that many of the posts in this blog have been thoughtfully developed. I know that writing them, editing and polishing them, and choosing appropriate photos has been meaningful for me; writing is a path to discovery, I think--of self and of other things that matter. It's fun to know they are of interest to you, as well.
1. God's love, family, home, extended family, and priceless friends.
2. Health, especially renewed comfort and mobility after a hip replacement. I don't expect perfect health or total freedom from aches and pains at my age, but overall--much to be thankful for.
3. Meaningful work and play activities, including tutoring and painting--and so much more.
4. Rewarding volunteer callings, including helping in the Peace Presbyterian Church Food Pantry (which does astonishing community service for a smallish congregation), pre-GED tutoring at the amazing Women's Center of Jacksonville (discovered through Volunteer Match), working to better our lovely, though very imperfect city through JAX2025, and other projects.
5. The sometimes gentle, sometimes fearsome, beauty and mystery of nature.
I could go on--and will in my daily meditation time--but will spare you all that and end with more gratitude.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU TO READERS WHO KEEP COMING BACK IN SPITE OF MY UNEVEN POSTING AND SOMETIMES RAMBLING WRITING. You make blogging fun and worthwhile.