Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Lovely Kanapaha Botanical Gardens In Gainesville, Florida

A couple of posts ago, I mentioned that Mark and I had visited the Kanapaha Botanical Gardens in Gainesville, Florida for the first time after dropping some paintings off at Paddiwhack. The gardens are well-established and extensive without requiring miles of walking to see various types of gardens and natural environments. In fact, one can see most of the gardens with less than two miles of strolling. The natural features include a view out over a large lake, so lush with vegetation that it's hard to see, and the Kanapaha Prairie beyond it, in a long view from a high point (at least high for Florida :>) in one of the photos.
Other photos show the hummingbird garden, with gazebo and some bright red flowers and an interesting fallen tree that forms an archway over the path.
I am glad to be posting again after traveling to Charlotte, NC to help a friend who will be relocating there. When I returned and tried to sign in, Blogspot seemed to be experiencing difficulties. It took a couple of days and some work to reestablish and post on this blog. Soon, I will be visiting your blogs as well, now that we (I hope) are up and running again.
I hope all readers in the United States are enjoying a relaxing, yet meaningful, Memorial Day weekend as we honor and remember all those who have served us and our country in the past, as well as the many Americans currently serving us in military service. Our gratitude is sincere and profound.

4 comments:

  1. The one thing I remember seeing and had not seen before when I went to Florida for the first time when I was 10, was the Spanish Moss. Oh so beautiful! But I love seeing more of this beautiful state through your eyes, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this place reminds me of our botanical garden here, a must visit for tourists! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Sherry--I like hearing your Florida memory. We, too, came here from other places and especially appreciate the mystery and beauty Spanish Moss adds to a landscape. It's hard to paint convincingly, though :>)!

    Cher, I would love to visit the botanical gardens in Singapore. the whole area looks so amazing in the photos on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Taio, for your visit and for your generosity in commenting.

    ReplyDelete