Friday, August 30, 2013

Canada's Cape Breton Highlands National Park in Beautiful Nova Scotia

View from the road around the park
     We recently returned from a long-awaited (and long saved-for) 2 week exploration of areas in Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, Canada. These provinces, roughly east of Maine (map below), treated us Floridians to gorgeous mountain vistas and clear, refreshing days in the mid 70s with overnight lows in the low 60s or a bit cooler. This trip was so enjoyable for us that I could write a long account, but that would bore you - - and still would fail to capture our full experience. A couple of future posts will describe some particular experiences and locations other than this park.
View from the road

     Rather than start with a description of our itinerary, today I will post a few photos from a large Canadian national park on the northeastern end of Nova Scotia (you should be able to click on them to enlarge them). We spent 3 nights in this area midway through our time in Eastern Canada. Rugged mountains and high plains are never far from ocean views in this park. We hiked several trails and drove the scenic coastal road. No photo can capture the majestic scenery and breathtaking vistas we enjoyed, but I'm hoping you enjoy this taste of Cape Breton Highlands National Park.
Coming out of the forest on the  Skyline Trail
Walkway from the end of the Skyline Trail

     

Vegetation along the Bog Trail
On the Bog Trail
Blogger is being stubborn today--can't get it to arrange the images nicely. Frustrating, but will publish anyway. Sorry.
No question of the day this time. Thanks for your visit.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks like a trip heaven sent and heaven made, Mary. Sounds and looks like my kind of place too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sherry. It was a renewing, inspiring, and fun experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sound like you really had a very good time at prince Edward island. Did you go where they film anne of green gables. That is my favorite movie. I always wanted to go. To prince Edward island to see the school and the house. Where anne of green gables was film at. I hope one day me and my mom. Can go to prince Edward island and see the school and the house. Where anne of green gables was film at. I think of you just like my adopted family. Because i like to go on trips very much to. I guess what i am saying. I am adopteding you like family. I hope you don't mind. If i adopted you as my family adopted family. Since i like to go on trips very much to. I am very glad you are back home now. I hope you have a great the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete