Thursday, January 7, 2010

Savoring and Giving Thanks--Our Son's Wedding

After a break from posting, I'll give you a quick glimpse of the reason we have been very busy and seldom online for the last several weeks. Our younger son, Peter, married an absolutely wonderful woman, Ashley, on Saturday, January 2nd. We have enjoyed the usual showers, bridesmaid luncheon, rehearsal, and rehearsal dinner (on two different nights because of the holidays)--all went smoothly and were wonderful celebrations. The wedding was stunning, and the reception a great party. In addition, we were thrilled to have some long-time friends, many of Pete's aunts & uncles from both sides of the family and several of his cousins and their families travel to Jacksonville from many different regions of the country for the occasion. We hosted as many meals and other gatherings in our home as we could to take full advantage of the time we were together over several days. We said the last good-byes this morning as several family members left on planes and trains.
It will take several days to sort through all the photos from the wedding and other celebrations and even longer to get the professional photos, but I will post one candid of the bride and groom for you to see. Although it's not the purpose of this blog to share family news and photos, I wanted to show you why I've been AWOL for awhile and to share our joy. And given how proud of our family and grateful for them we are, a few more posts about this amazing time in our lives may be coming.

6 comments:

  1. Mary, I so love when an artist blogger buddy shares some of their personal lives. It makes the friendships more real and makes me feel as though I am truly getting to know you. Thank you for sharing (I actually was wondering what has been keeping you away and was hoping all was well. I am so glad things are more than well!) Your son and his bride look to be a lovely couple and of course, now I am wanting cake. I never get tired of cake. Or McDonalds. Or pizza. Sigh...Can't wait to see what is next with you, painting or photos or otherwise! My congratulations to the bride and groom too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your congratulations, Autumn. I'm glad you appreciate the occasional personal news--I appreciate your friendship and caring. Most of the time, I include only minimal personal news because I want to keep the blog focused on its creative living purpose. However, it is probably true that a little personal revelation makes it all more interesting to readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Mary - may they have a wonderful life together.

    Don't know why I missed your previous post, but just love that seascape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your good wishes, Liz. I also appreciate your encouraging comment on the seascape.

    It is good to hear from you. I have been very busy the last few weeks, but look forward to getting back to visiting everyone's blogs and getting back into the "blog-versation".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish your son and his new bride all the best and congratulations to you! You deserve a nice break from all the busy-ness of the past several weeks. I guess I'll be finding out about that myself in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All my best to you on your upcoming festivities, W2W. I appreciate your kind comments to all of us. It was a truly beautiful wedding celebration plus family gathering.

    ReplyDelete